Texas Felon in Possession vs Federal Felon in Possession
Our video shows you how the federal felon in possession of a firearm law works. The video also compares and contrasts the federal law with the Texas felon in possession law. The topics include:
- Overview of 18 USC § 922(g)(1);
- How the legal definition of “possession” works;
- Lists the penalties for 18 USC § 922(g)(1) and Tex. Pen. Code § 46.04;
- Outlines possible defenses; and
- Describes how the Armed Career Criminal Act (ACCA) can increase your jail term.
Video showing how 922(g)(1) works.
Felon In Possession of a Firearm Criminal Defense Attorney.
Our firm handles state and federal gun cases in South Texas. Our service areas include San Antonio, Laredo, Houston, Austin, and every county in between. We also offer free case consults for all clients. If you have a question about your case, then please call or email us today.